Invisible orthodontics is increasingly in demand, which is not surprising considering that it is an alternative that not only respects the patient’s aesthetics during the process, but also offers us interesting benefits that we will learn about in this article.
Next, we will make a list of advantages offered by invisible orthodontics.
1. Treatment adapted to most patients
One of the main advantages is that it is a process that is compatible with the vast majority of patients.
It should be considered that an orthodontic process can be applied in different situations, i.e., in cases such as:
- Dental malformation
- Bite defects
It is an alternative that suits most patients.
2. Respect dental esthetics
Metal brackets, considered one of the most popular orthodontic methods, are not an ideal solution in case you are concerned about the esthetics of your mouth, especially if you take into account that they have a duration that, in many occasions, can exceed one year.
In this regard, you should know that invisible orthodontics is much more respectful of aesthetics, since we are dealing with a transparent splint that is practically invisible, hence the name given to this process.
3. It is much more convenient than traditional methods
It should be considered that this type of orthodontics makes one of transparent and removable aligners, which means that you will be able to remove them to carry out all kinds of daily actions such as brushing your teeth or eating.
- Easy Removal: The aligners can be easily removed, allowing everyday activities such as eating or brushing teeth without inconvenience.
- Caries Prevention: Easy removal of aligners makes brushing easier, which reduces plaque build-up and prevents caries.
- Reduced Risk of Gingivitis: Because they are easily removable, aligners allow for better brushing and flossing, reducing the risk of gingivitis.
- No Chafing: Unlike brackets aligners do not cause chafing inside the mouth.
- Ease of Speech: Aligners do not interfere with the ability to speak clearly, unlike some traditional orthodontic appliances.
- Less Maintenance: With no wires or brackets to adjust, aligners require fewer visits to the orthodontist for maintenance.
- Improved Hygiene: As they are removable, they allow a thorough cleaning of teeth and aligners, which contributes to better oral hygiene.
- Overall Comfort: The design and material of the aligners offer a more comfortable experience throughout treatment.
These are some of the functional advantages.
4. Strong and durable materials
It is common to associate this orthodontic method with light and not very resistant materials due to its appearance, however, the reality is very different if we take into account that the materials with which the splints are made stand out for their resistance and durability.
Thanks to this, you will not have to worry in case the splint falls out or due to the pressure exerted by the jaw, since the chances of it breaking are very low.
5. Does not cause allergies
We cannot finish without mentioning that the materials used in this process do not cause any type of allergy, an interesting advantage if we take into account that some of the metals used in conventional orthodontic treatment can cause different allergic reactions, nickel being the metal that usually causes the most allergies and which is present in metal brackets.